• 签到天数: 718 天

连续签到: 3 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

累计签到:932 天
    连续签到:1 天
    发表于 2006-7-24 17:57:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上加入,结交更多好友,共享更多资料,让你轻松玩转电力研学社区!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即加入

VOA每日听读 - 第434期:Hezbollah in Lebanon: A Group With a History of Social Services and Deadly Attacks  
      z. R1 i9 R( D! p7 {( q6 M" F! ^/ E( Q2 R. t; m4 P1 w" k
           导读:黎真主党游击队12日对以色列发动了越境袭击,俘虏2名以士兵,打死7人。19日,以地面部队进入黎巴嫩展开进攻,并决定无限期持续在加沙黎巴嫩军事行动。20日,美海军陆战队员在贝鲁特登陆,协助侨民撤离。以军继续空袭贝鲁特。 4 I7 }/ f& G0 V! @$ G8 P5 w- P
        . l' V2 o4 l6 P' P  C, G1 U) F- _
           This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English.
    : e' |4 A, d% i* d4 Z5 S" r. l2 }9 x3 u3 I4 C
      Hezbollah(黎巴嫩真主党) is a Shiite(什叶派) Muslim organization formed in Lebanon after the Israeli invasion in nineteen eighty-two. The name means "Party of God."
    & H. w9 K& X$ b/ S* m4 eHezbollah calls itself a resistance group. It took credit when Israel ended the occupation of southern Lebanon in two thousand. The United States, among others, considers it a terrorist organization.
    5 L1 w' \. k3 O
    + m+ o& T! E; ?3 n. ]5 a* Q  z1 a4 K+ U8 g) {' X% `8 {
    5 _: d' o! S2 B* v/ L5 T$ {7 r! d
    Hezbollah's history of attacks includes the bombing that killed two hundred forty-one Americans in Beirut(贝鲁特,黎巴嫩的首都) in nineteen eighty-three. Most of the dead were Marines. That attack led to the withdrawal of American peacekeepers from Lebanon. This week Marines were back in Beirut to help Americans leave the country.
    4 U# ~3 p$ d2 c# j. ]0 W- J* \' |0 ?2 @4 H
    Most Western experts believe Hezbollah gets much financial and military support from the Iranian government. Iran says it gives only moral support.
    0 U: L- F/ t' z: I; I  m+ G' l6 A& D0 L" O
    An Iranian spokesman this week denied an Israeli charge that Iranian forces were in Lebanon helping Hezbollah fire rockets into Israel. He also said Israel would face great losses if it attacked Syria(叙利亚), which withdrew troops from Lebanon last year.& d+ J& s6 G. U9 ?* D5 j" l( D2 ~
    5 F: @- ^$ C6 d
    Hezbollah is organized into political and military parts. It has thousands of rockets, which the group has used to kill Israelis. But Hezbollah also provides social services, including schools and hospitals, in Lebanon. And it has entered Lebanese politics. It holds seats in Parliament and, after elections last year, has two members in the government.
    / e: Y! Z" ~" b- m; n
    % V+ @! U' }6 a7 P" |" UHezbollah operates from mainly Shiite areas of Beirut, southern Lebanon and the Bekaa Valley. American intelligence experts say some members are active in Europe, Africa and the Americas.
    % H* w( m, f7 _, E) \
    # o/ P/ i7 m* c6 n/ O+ I" z2 nSheikh Hassan Nasrallah is the secretary-general of Hezbollah. He says Israel is the aggressor. He says Muslims have a duty to fight Israeli occupation of their lands. But critics says the group's actions are hurting Lebanon at a time when its economy was beginning to recover from years of civil war.
    ) {% h0 o$ o" a' U. U/ U9 n. I1 D% ^2 y& F3 m
    On Thursday, at the United Nations, Secretary-General Kofi Annan called for an immediate end to the hostilities of the past week. He said Hezbollah started the crisis and is holding the nation of Lebanon hostage. On July twelfth Hezbollah members kidnapped two Israeli soldiers inside Israel. But Mister Annan also condemned the Israeli military actions that have followed as "excessive."
    7 h% `' f% k6 L) C
    - X1 _/ U4 X  e, g! QIsrael says its goal is to end the threat of attacks from Hezbollah. It also wants the kidnapped soldiers back. Hezbollah's leader demanded a prisoner exchange. 7 Z6 u1 D, F5 i

0 |+ m* W: r; Y! Q: G4 |: Q0 BKofi Annan called for an international conference on putting Security Council guidelines into effect. Israel has said it would welcome any effort on Resolution Fifteen Fifty-Nine. That resolution calls for the deployment of Lebanese troops along the border, and the disarming of militant groups including Hezbollah. * Z; e9 a9 @" u/ k1 N" d
    3 E( f5 t0 T- k% x2 E$ \5 ~' Y4 i
    And that's IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English, written by Nancy Steinbach. I'm Steve Ember.
    "真诚赞赏,手留余香"
    还没有人打赏,支持一下
    楼主热帖
    帖文化:【文明发帖 和谐互动】 社区精神:【创新、交流、互助、共享】
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即加入

本版积分规则

招聘斑竹

小黑屋|手机版|APP下载(beta)|Archiver|电力研学网 ( 赣ICP备12000811号-1|赣公网安备36040302000210号 )|网站地图

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 15:53