查看: 7745|回复: 1

Principals Of Electrical Grounding

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

尚未签到

发表于 2007-7-10 23:02:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上加入,结交更多好友,共享更多资料,让你轻松玩转电力研学社区!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即加入

Principles of Electrical  Grounding   By:      John C. Pfeiffer, P.E.     Pfeiffer Engineering Co., Inc. ' t8 ]- Q3 ~+ m' h2 p- s# m

$ D& g' h3 J; R# P7 P6 M3 e" ^- O: y5 s8 R8 Y$ c1 y
Abstract:
9 x% G2 _, v- w* Y  T% P! q( k& Y, U8 Z7 g
This is a discussion of the basic principles behind grounding systems and how grounding is
/ ^6 t% T, H5 s+ O, L+ D: e0 Zrelated to safety and the effective operation of circuit protection devices such as fuses and circuit . J) i( Q, W! u; e( g4 R
breakers. The discussion moves quickly from a basic study of grounding to simple examples of a $ V' ?5 n, e3 O2 r
single building installation and onto facilities with multiple buildings and structures. Finally the
8 {9 Y1 J' d: x0 E$ {: Vdiscussion will briefly cover grounding as it applies to lightning protection and the control of
' T1 o9 ^3 B& Sstatic electricity.
0 N6 D' j8 n$ U: k. c( M3 f/ _% e8 r: v
introduction:
' E; z' Q( ^) w
! Q' J( U- o8 Y$ X" \& A6 @Grounding to most engineers, technicians and electricians is a simple subject and little attention   U! K& t3 b0 l5 \4 J( z. s
is paid to it other than knowing that something is required. To some people there are grounds and
+ i6 O  J( I: G5 bthen there are “Clean Grounds”. Thirty years ago when computers were relatively new, there 8 I' V& z. A9 U  o
were many approaches to grounding, particularly for electronics and computers. Some of these
' P0 \& t6 s6 R" A; p* `2 Z0 j9 xapproaches established what was called a “Clean Ground” which was often isolated from the ( }) l6 J" T7 G
power grounds.
' {' p9 w8 e- ^' n) X3 x, a* a* w/ O) W+ l
Many of these ideas have been proven to be ineffective and sometimes dangerous to equipment
5 q6 Y, A5 S) @" oand personnel. As frequencies became higher and higher (computer speeds faster and faster)
1 b' z2 p1 M* p  [! y+ V/ bresearch accelerated into the subject of grounding, shielding, EMI, lightning protection and static
/ i8 }: ^$ e6 |electricity. The research resulted in the basic science behind grounding. This subject is not as : ], R+ s: y7 E' S3 V6 _. h& e% k
simple as once thought and one needs a clear understanding of the basic principles. 4 Y8 L  u/ B, ?1 ?+ Z  l  c; d

4 K6 J# U, M( I: H# EFirst, the ground or grounding of a circuit is a misnomer. For most purposes the term means ; U/ [( U  k. X
earthing or connecting the circuit to earth. In actuality, it=s connecting the circuit to a common
5 R6 N  ~0 S9 f3 ^/ g& k4 g, Cpoint of reference; for most systems that is the earth. & f  S8 y5 [, a$ H# P

$ W9 e( y4 r; G& z6 OGrounding=s main purpose is to provide a common point of reference between various sources of
4 @5 l: O/ M: l8 O( eelectrical energy, i.e. ; H7 D1 N( q7 k" X6 i: L3 H, S
         Different power systems            - Public Utilities, on-site generation, battery systems * m4 U; ?5 S& N- r9 S5 U
         Different voltage systems          - 138,000v, 13,800v, 480v, 120v, etc.
) N+ y0 {  X5 L) r         Different energy sources           - Electrical Energy, Lightning, Static Electricity, RF
/ R8 I, p9 \2 K5 |* W0 K2 N' a         Energy
+ ^2 L+ R8 U$ Q
* M" b, b; l+ q+ V/ x0 d9 J5 ]In any discussion of the grounding of electrical systems, particularly as it applies to power
! P- c( v4 [) r+ ^9 fsystems, there also needs to be a consideration of how the grounding system relates to - ?+ [! U8 W3 q* p( B9 u& r
overcurrent protection. They go hand in hand. # M# ]6 r* R0 l5 f

+ k. o- t9 `2 b0 e# N! f7 m4 DThere are also a number of misconceptions that affect how a ground system works. The / _1 p( U, K+ F) P1 v
following facts are generally not known or are misunderstood. . z2 A! K- q2 U1 m. t$ ^: j
         The earth is NOT always a good ground. 8 K: z# P7 K  O/ E- y; e: R7 B, S# _
         What is acceptable at 60 Hz does not always work at high frequencies. & Z6 z# D4 J7 f
         The interconnection of systems with even large conductors may be ineffective when

Principals Of Electrical Grounding.rar

644.66 KB, 下载次数: 21, 下载积分: 威望 -2 点, 学分 -5 点

"真诚赞赏,手留余香"
还没有人打赏,支持一下
楼主热帖

相关帖子

帖文化:【文明发帖 和谐互动】 社区精神:【创新、交流、互助、共享】

该用户从未签到

尚未签到

发表于 2009-12-16 10:47:46 | 显示全部楼层
老贴新看,还坐个沙发,哈哈。
"真诚赞赏,手留余香"
还没有人打赏,支持一下
帖文化:【文明发帖 和谐互动】 社区精神:【创新、交流、互助、共享】
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即加入

本版积分规则

招聘斑竹

小黑屋|手机版|APP下载(beta)|Archiver|电力研学网 ( 赣ICP备12000811号-1|赣公网安备36040302000210号 )|网站地图

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 09:42